Q: Engine Swap help.

I'm thinking of buying a 06 AWD Pacifica limited, it has the 3.5l, and Im wondering how much work needs to be done to swap it for the 3.8l engine that came with the model year, any help would be VERY appreciated, thank you.

Hi there. Though this would be possible but it would be very expensive. The engine and transmission would fit fine, the issue is electrical. These cars have completely different electrical harnesses and modules. You would need to completely change the wiring harness and the computer modules and then have then programmed to work on your car. This is possible, it will just be time consuming and expensive. Also, finding a dealer or shop that will do the programming will be difficult. You may need to look around to find the right shop for this.