Q: Door ajar light stays on

The door ajar light constantly stays on and it continually drains the battery. It used to only come on and off when I would drive over bumps in the road, but now it is on All the time. I don’t know if the following info would apply to this problem, but the mechanic installed an aftermarket remote/alarm in my car. Should I take my car to the mechanic or is this something I can fix myself?

You should have a mechanic scan and diagnose the body computer to see what door is causing the light to stay on. If the aftermarket alarm is the cause, then it would need to be checked by disconnecting it to see if it fixes the problem. You may have a door switch or latch that is worn and not closing all the way. If you are having trouble finding the problem on your own or would like to have this taken care of for you, have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your door and make the correct repair.