Q: Need help setting idle.

I'm having a hard time setting the idle on my car. What do I need to do to have this fixed?

A: Hello, the idle speed on your Mustang is co...

Hello, the idle speed on your Mustang is computer controlled and is not adjustable. There is a base adjustment but this should not be adjusted. There is an idle speed control valve mounted to the throttle body. The idle speed control valve has a plastic diaphragm that can split and result in a high idle or low to no idle. The valve needs to be checked electrically for power and input to the valve from the engine control unit. You may need to enlist the aid of a mechanic for testing and inspection for a proper diagnosis.