Q: My truck is a 2wd and I need a new transmission. What transmission goes in it and where can I get a good one for a good price? 1996 Dodge Ram 1500

Tranny went out and need to know what kind it is I need to get. And where to get one for a good price.

Hello - if you have the gas 5.9l engine, you have a A518 (46RE/ H) transmission. If you have the 5.9l diesel engine, you have a A618 (48RE) transmission. Check with your local transmission shops and recycling yards for new, used and rebuilt option cost.

3. My truck is a 2wd and I need a new transmission. What transmission goes in it and where can I get a good one for a good price? 1996 Dodge Ram 1500