Q: Traction On/Stabili trac on while driving

asked by on December 05, 2017

So the dashboard lights would flash and turn off the DVD player. did it a few time. Then when I was driving on my way home, The lights and locks went on and off constantly, 5 times then stopped and wouldn’t move. When I pressed on the gas and the arrows for the acceleration, speed, gas, etc went up and down rapidly (I was only going 30 (slower than the flow of traffic which was 40 and 45) with my hazard lights on. When I turned to get to my house it locked the doors again, and told me my airbag and traction was on.

Hi Shan. Thanks for contacting us today. To be honest, this is a very weird issue you’re describing. In most cases, however, these problems are often caused by a faulty speed or wheel sensor, that sends false data to the ABS module and ECU. The problem is, there are multiple sensors or harnesses that could be the root source of this problem. The best way to determine what is causing these symptoms is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a warning light inspection.