Q: The housing that holds the ignition lock cylinder in place is busted since it is connected to the stereo column I can't purchase j

The ignition lock cylinder housing is busted. It seems like the housing is connected to the steering column. If I buy a new steering column assembly will it come with a new ignition lock cylinder and housing? The houseing is what needs to be replaced but I can't find just the housing anywhere

Hello. If the ignition lock cylinder housing that is mounted on the steering column itself is broken, then yes - you will have to purchase a new steering column, as that component is fabricated on the steering column and is not removable. Whether or not a replacement steering column comes with a new ignition lock cylinder, will depend on which package you order and who you order it from. I can’t tell you for certain what you need to purchase as we are not there to physically inspect your car. I would strongly recommend watching this video (click the blue link) on replacing the ignition lock cylinder on a Dodge Intrepid (which is virtually identical to the Stratus’ procedures as well) to see how the job is done and what individual components comprise the entire steering column. If you need assistance on correctly diagnosing what is actually broken and needs to be replaced, you can set up an appointment to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a ignition switch inspection.

3. The housing that holds the ignition lock cylinder in place is busted since it is connected to the stereo column I can't purchase j