Q: Accidentally put E85 gas in my car

I accidentally filled up my car with E85 gas. My owner's manual says that my car doesn't take E85 gas. I am not sure what to do. The car drove fine today. Should I dilute the gas slowly by filling it up with regular gas? Should I siphon out the E85?

Modern cars have the capability to adapt to the use of lower and higher octane fuels, such as using 87 in a car that takes 91. E85 is different from gasoline as it is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. Normal gasoline is generally at most 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline. The vehicle may run fine, but experience faster wearing of components and of O-rings and gaskets. The E85 should be siphoned out immediately and replaced with regular gasoline to prevent damage.

3. Accidentally put E85 gas in my car