Q: My steering has to move freely. What can be the issue? , 2008 Suzuki Swift

my steering is eps I want it move more freely I have put a sports handle but I m enjoying it as power steering can u help me understand the problem

Hello - you don’t mention a power interruption to the vehicle (such as changing the battery), but it sounds as though the battery may have been disconnected, and the steering angle sensor (part of the EPS system) needs to be re-calibrated to reduce the steering wheel effort. To re-calibrate the steering angle sensor:

• 1.) Go to a location where the road is level, and you can safely drive straight for a few seconds.

• 2.) Remove the battery cable for 1 minute.

• 3.) Set the steering wheel in a straight-ahead position.

• 4.) Re-attach battery cable.

• 5.) Start car and drive straight forward at 10 mph for a few seconds or until the SLIP indicator is turned off.

If this fails to reset the EPS system, I would recommend having a Steering Wheel is Hard to Turn Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My steering has to move freely. What can be the issue? , 2008 Suzuki Swift