Q: My engine is dead , due to oil pressure sensor and no oil replaced

I had my Oil pressure sensor replaced at a shop , they dropped a screw in the manifold , drove it and heard a noise they got it out but my engine started knocking . The engine now is bad per dealership, they said it has no oil in it . Is oil needed after you replace the oil sensor pressure ?

On your engine, there is no need to drain the engine oil to access, remove and replace the oil pressure sensor. If the dealership drained the engine oil, that would have been an optional step and would have to have been authorized by the customer (because it has nothing to do with the repair). If they did not drain the engine oil during the removal and replacement of the sensor, whatever amount of oil was in the engine when the car was presented for repair would have been in the engine at the conclusion of the repair and during the test drive. Depending on the size of the screw, or bolt, it could have damaged the engine, thus accounting for the noise. It is unclear why they would have run the engine with foreign material in it but perhaps they did not realize something dropped in the intake. On the other hand, when the intake was re-assembled obviously a fastener was missing on re-assembly. If you want the circumstances looked into further and/or to discuss repair options, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will assist you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. My engine is dead , due to oil pressure sensor and no oil replaced