Q: My car will not stay charged

I've replaced the battery and alternator. But still dies. I have to jump off.

Hello. It sounds like something in your car’s electrical system is continuing to use power after the vehicle is shut off. This problem can be diagnosed with an ammeter. After shutting the vehicle off, connect an ammeter to the positive (red) battery cable and observe the current drain. Then, one at a time, remove each fuse in the fuse box (and fusible links) and check to see if the current drain has dropped to near 0. Then, reinsert the fuse. When removing a fuse on a single circuit reduces the current drain as measured by the ammeter, you have narrowed down the problem to the electrical components on that circuit. I would recommend having a your car inspected by a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your charging problem and identify which component on that circuit is drawing the current.

3. My car will not stay charged