Q: 2003 Nissan Maxima front driver power seat is not moving forward or backwards. The seat still reclines and moves up and down.

The seat stopped working just today. Any suggestions that I could try to fix myself.

Hi there. The motor or switch on the seat has lost power. First check the fuses and see if any of them are blown. If the fuses are good, then check the switch and see if there is power to the switch and if power is coming out of the switch when the button is pressed. If there is no power when the button is pressed, then the switch is worn and needs replaced. If there is power, then check the ground circuit to the seat motor. If there is no ground, then the power wire may be loose. If there is power on the ground wire but the motor is not moving, then the motor is burned and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your seat not moving, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2003 Nissan Maxima front driver power seat is not moving forward or backwards. The seat still reclines and moves up and down.