Q: My car want accelerate and my engine light is constantly blinking on and off

My car drives but it want accelerate in first and second gear it's stalling real bad , it jerks while driving it, I lose gas mileage, the engine light is constantly blinking, I smell oil burning and oil ends up on top of the motor, I changed the spark plug wires and spark plugs, I changed the coil and the air control valve, when I hook up the air control valve to the holes the car cuts completely off, and there is a little smoke but I think it's from the oil burning my engine is indicating a serious problem when I took it to auto zone they tested it and the only thing that came up was a bad coil in which it has been replaced and it's having a bad misfire.

A: Hello. A misfire under load is typically ca...

Hello. A misfire under load is typically caused by a problem in the secondary ignition system (i.e. plugs, wires, coil pack). This will also cause your Check Engine Light to flash. The powertrain control module (PCM) directly controls coil operation, so a problem with the PCM, or the wiring between the PCM and coil could set a coil trouble code. It definitely sounds like the misfire portion of your problem is ignition related. The oil leak is likely unrelated (unless oil is leaking into the spark plug tubes). If the Check Engine Light is flashing, that means the catalytic converter is being damaged as a result of the misfire. I recommend having the Check Engine Light diagnosed and repaired by a professional as soon as possible to avoid any further damage. YourMechanic is a great option because we come to your home or office.