Q: My car cut off without warning and now is crank no start

My 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. I started it Sunday morning around 530am with no problem. I drove less than a mile away and while I was at the stop sign it just died, without warning the lights, radio, and everything else is fine, it cranks but will not start. My battery is fine and so is the alternator, there's a half tank of gas and oil present. The last time I drove it was Saturday morning with no problem. PLEASE HELP!

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically when the vehicle stalls there is an issue with the electronics, the fuel system, or the ignition system. You have eliminated the alternator and battery, which is the first place to start. In addition to testing the battery and the alternator, make sure that the grounds, connections, battery terminals, and wiring are clean, dry, tight, and protected. Now you should take a look into the fuel system. Turn the key to the "On" position and listen for the fuel pump to prime. It will sound like a buzzing coming from the fuel tank. If you do not hear this, you are not receiving fuel, and you need to look into the fuel pump and its relay. Next you should check for spark. You can do this with a spark tester, which is safest. While no warning lights may be on, you can still scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes to check and see if there have been any failed tests run by the computer. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car cut off without warning and now is crank no start