Q: My brother has a dodge stratus and the alternator and battery are both good but the car won't turn on

asked by on July 11, 2017

The car won't turn on and both the alternator and battery tested good

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the battery power is reaching the starter, and the starter is not turning the engine over, the starter has failed. You can test how much power is going to the starter with a voltmeter or a test light. You can also remove the starter and take it in to be tested at most automotive parts stores. If the starter is not receiving a full 12 volts, you need to find out where the power is being lost. Check all connection to ensure they are clean, dry, and tight. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr