Q: Hesitation, stalling out

The car starts hesitating when I attempt to increase its running speed, as if the fuel is lacking. It happens often while going uphill but I manage to make it run better by kicking into the next gear. The dash isn't showing the check engine light on. It would also stall out sometimes when I bring the car to a halt. Also, if I'm about to stop ot if I try to start it up on an incline, I noticed the fuel gets sloshed around and the car runs bad. It seems that it runs better if I put 89 octane. What could be wrong?

A: Hello. It sounds like the spark plugs are f...

Hello. It sounds like the spark plugs are fouled and the spark plug wires need to be replaced. It is possible that the fuel filter is clogged up and needs to be replaced as well. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stalling issue and assist you with the necessary repairs.