Q: My car battery is dead but the brake light on dashboard is on

So my car battery is dead, but why is the brake light on my dashboard illuminated?

Hello and thanks for writing in. Often times many dash lights will illuminate when the battery is dead, indicating that a particular system (in this case the braking system) does not have the proper voltage to it. This is inherently the problem any time a battery is dead as every system in the car draws a specific amount of power from the battery or car’s charging system. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car battery is dead but the brake light on dashboard is on