Q: Car alarm won't turn off. 2003 Chevy Impala

I lost my key fob so I used the key to unlock the door via the handle. The alarm instantly went off, so I put the key in ignition and tried to start it. The car won't even attempt to turn over. I thought that both of these would have turned it off but unfortunately they didn't. So, I bought a new key fob that should work for the car and attempted to install it but it didn't work either. I put the black programmer into a black box under the steering wheel and held the buttons like it said but it didn't. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or what I can do? I just want to be able to drive my car.

A: There are a few things you can try to <a hr...

There are a few things you can try to turn off your alarm. You can put the door key in a door and unlock it and lock it three times in a row. This usually works on the drivers door, but sometimes this needs to be done from the passenger door or even the trunk. Try all three.

Another method is to disconnect the battery. With the battery disconnected, turn the key to the run position and then reconnect the battery with the key in the run position.

One of these two methods usually works to reset an alarm system. As for programming a new key fob, you will need a scanner to do so. You can reconnect a previously synced key fob without a scanner, but you will need a scanner to sync a new key fob.