Q: Message board displays low coolant but I just refilled last week?

asked by on February 22, 2017

Message board displays LOW COOLANT but I refilled last week. I live only 2 miles away from work and drive occasionally.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The first place to start is by checking the level of the coolant both in the coolant reservoir and in the radiator. Low coolant means you do in fact have a leak. If the coolant levels are fine then you are concerned with replacing a potentially faulty coolant level sensor. This is a fairly easy repair. If you are in a position to trace down a leak, there are several things that you may want to try. Keep in mind leaks can happen on the outside of the engine as well as inside of the engine. You may see not visibly see the it if the engine is consuming the coolant. For more help contact or service department to schedule an appointment.