Q: May have thrown a rod

I was goin 70 mph when all of a sudden my steering wheel locked up and so i pulled over well when i turmed car off and back on it squeals loudly

The fact that the car was able to start up again suggests that you did not throw a rod as this would have created a situation where the motor would not run again. The steering wheel locking up followed by a squealing sound would seem to indicate that you have a power steering pump problem. Typically when this happens it is a matter of the fluid not flowing through the system as it should or the actual valves inside the rack not working properly. The squealing sound is likely the belt struggling to power the pump due to a hydraulic problem based upon the above. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to inspect your vehicle and make the necessary repairs.

3. May have thrown a rod