Q: Power steering noises when turning steering wheel

My power steering pump is making a noise when I turn the steering wheel. I’m thinking it will help to flush the transmission. Can you tell me how to do that and which transmission oil should I use?

Hello. Changing the transmission fluid will not help to quiet down the power steering pump. If you meant to say that you were going to change the power steering fluid then that may help. I usually start by checking the power steering belt to see if it is loose or worn. If it is worn it must be replaced, if it is loose then it should be tightened. If the belt is fine then I would change out the power steering fluid. The power steering system takes Dexron III transmission fluid. If the pump still makes noise after the fluid change then it needs to be replaced. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the steering noise.