Q: Loud suspension, not sure if it’s broken or just bad quality

I have a 2008 Ford Focus with about 70,000 miles on it. For the last 5,000 miles or so, it has sounded very clunky going over bumps. I didn’t think much of it at first but now the front suspension sags down and barely absorbs bumps. The steering is also not as good as it once was. I'm going to have it serviced soon and am wondering what the cause of these problems could be?

The most likely cause is that your front stabilizer bar links and bushings are worn or broken. Your struts may also have failed. A thorough inspection is needed to determine the exact cause. From your description of what happened, it may be unsafe to drive your car without having it towed. You can have YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the steering and suspension systems of your car and diagnose the problem before you try to drive it.

3. Loud suspension, not sure if it’s broken or just bad quality