Q: Lost half a tank of fuel in less than 2 miles. the tank is empty. can't see a leak

Coming home from a job i got off the freeway and checked my gas gauge about half way from the off ramp to my house, it showed half a tank, i had just the day before filled it up and only traveled 112 miles on a nearly full 28 gallon tank. about half a mile from my house the low fuel light came on and the gauge showed empty, way below the 'E'. i didn't smell any fumes or have any loss of power so i thought something was wrong with the Gauge or electronics. As i backed into my driveway the truck died. i got out and looked under the truck and under the hood and didn't see any leakage and no gas odors at all. I loosened the gas filler cap and there was pressure in the tank, it blew air (and fumes) OUT of the tank as i unscrewed the filler cap. checked as many of the fuel lines as i could see and found nothing disconnected or split. I don't see any holes in the tank either

I would first get a 5 gallon gas can and put it in the tank to see if gas gauge registers the fuel. Then turn on the key and listen for fuel pump operation to see if pump runs. Recheck for any leaks in the engine compartment and under truck. Pull out oil dipstick to see if you are overfull of oil and it smells like fuel. You may have a bad fuel pressure regulator that leaked all the excess fuel into the engine real fast. You would of noticed the engine running rough or blowing black smoke. I suggest you get some help from a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, if you can’t pinpoint the leak.

3. Lost half a tank of fuel in less than 2 miles. the tank is empty. can't see a leak