Q: Looking at 2004 Buick Ranier with similar mileage, is there a way to tell which one would hold up longer?

My infiniti has rust, the remote doesn't work, the cassette player is broken and makes a slamming noise that irritates me. .

The Buick Ranier is a 2004. The car has the silimar miles on it. There is no rust and the dash and electronics are good.

I know this is not the best situation since the miles are so high, but it's something I can afford. Is there a way to know which engine etc. would hold up longer? I'm looking for feedback and wondering if this is a good descion.

A: There is no way to tell which of these woul...

There is no way to tell which of these would hold up longer since these are two very different vehicles with different components and service history.

As with any car, the manner in which it is maintained has a lot to do with how long it lasts and what kinds of parts need to be replaced.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a pre-purchase inspection prior to purchasing the vehicle. From there you'll be able to know the each car's overall conditions and ensure a good investment.