Q: Key won't turn in ignition switch.

Just tried to turn the key in the ignition and nothing happens. I just got the battery checked and it's charged what could be the issue?

A: Hello there, a few different faults can cau...

Hello there, a few different faults can cause your 2008 Chevy Cobalt to not be able to turn the key. The most common fault is the steering wheel being locked. To fix this, try to move the wheel back and forth while turning the key. If the key is able to be turned, then there shouldn’t be further issues. If the key still will not turn, than the most common faults are in the key cylinder, an ignition switch failure, worn key, or a key transponder fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your key turning problem and assist with repairs required.