Q: Key not starting car

My steering wheel lock jammed and then broke. The key is good, but it turns easy and does not start the car.

A: Hi! It sounds like there is an issue inside...

Hi! It sounds like there is an issue inside of the steering column or possibly ignition cylinder. I suspect that the ignition cylinder will be at fault because it is what controls the engagement of the steering wheel lock. If the cylinder is bad a malfunction of the steering wheel lock mechanism will likely occur. I suggest having a technician inspect the ignition switch and replace it if needed.