Q: Is it a sure fix

Bought a car, driving home blew the radiator it got hot & shut off, towed it home put a new radiator in & now it blows white smelly smoke & drips water from the mufflers, water in the oil also..guy says its just a head gasket & then it will be fine..I need to know if Im wasting my time & if I get the gasket replaced, is it going to last me more than a week? I think the guy who I bought it from suckered me, so I have no clue what I got myself into

A: The engine has aluminum heads and they may ...

The engine has aluminum heads and they may be warped or cracked from the overheating. Also, the water and oil mixed, and you drove it like this until it shut off. This may have damaged the crankshaft bearing and rod bearings. You may need a replacement engine. I’d suggest getting this looked at by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose the smoke and the other symptoms your car has to assess the condition of the car. Good luck.