Q: in my 94 f150 my tail lights and dash lights dont work when the headlight knob is pulled all the way out

when my headlight knob is pulled all the way out the tail and dash lights dont work. if i push the knob in a little they come on but after driving a while they go out again and even make the headlights flicker.

A: Hello...from what you are describing, it so...

Hello...from what you are describing, it sounds like the contacts in the switch are worn out. The fact that you can make the circuit, and then lights the lights do work, by simply manipulating the switch means the rest of the circuit is OK. An Auto Electric Specialist from YourMechanic could replace the switch on your truck during a mobile visit if you desire. Simply contact us for details and to schedule.