Q: Vehicle runs roughly, shudders and rattles, vacuum leak

After having a tune-up done on my car, it started running roughly and making rattling sounds. It also shudders quite a bit. After having diagnostics done, the codes P0303 and P0305 popped up. There is also a vacuum leak found. What has caused this and how can I fix it?

Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chrysler Cirrus. When the coils were removed to replace the spark plugs, they should have been inspected for oil getting on them from a leaking valve cover. The leaking valve cover may leak oil into the spark plug holes shorting out the plugs. The code P0303 is for cylinder 3, and the code P0305 doesn’t apply to your engine since this code would be for cylinder 5, and you only have 4 cylinders. If you need help having this taken care of, a certified expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to determine why your vehicle is running rough.

3. Vehicle runs roughly, shudders and rattles, vacuum leak