Q: Check Engine light stays on

I'm getting a "Check Engine" light. I've had the thermostat replaced, as well as the temperature sensor. The dealership says my engine is fine but the light is still On!! Can you tell me why this is happening?

Hello. Without knowing the code and the problem that is occurring then it will be hard for me to give you good information. From what has been replaced though, I am assuming that this is an issue with the cooling system. Most of the time if you get a cooling system code and these parts have been replaced and it does not repair it, then you have a circuit issue. It may be a bad connection at one of the sensors or it can be a failing computer. If you need to have this looked at further, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and recommend a repair.

3. Check Engine light stays on