Q: I have a 1994 toyta camry XLE V6 what is better to use for an oil change, Conventional or Synthetic Oil?

asked by on August 19, 2017

I am concerned with what type of oil change would be best to put into my vehicle. conventional versus synthetic. I drive a lot on a daily basis and would like to keep this vehicle in the most top shape that I can to last me through college. What type of oil change you as a professional recommend?

Using a good quality synthetic oil will cost you about twice as much as conventional oil, but you only have to change it half as often. So there’s not much of a long term difference in cost unless you have a consumption problem. But if your car has more than 100 thousand miles on it and has been run on conventional oil all its life, you probably won’t gain anything by switching to synthetic at this point as long as you are using a good quality oil and changing it every 3-4 thousand miles. I personally use synthetic in my car and truck simply because I’m bad about letting my oil change intervals run a little too long. Synthetic oil doesn’t break down as quickly as conventional oil, so you can use it longer. If you are like me and tend to let things slide a little longer than they should, maybe synthetic would be the way for you to go. Whenever you are ready to have your oil changed, contact Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to change your oil for you right there on the spot.