Q: my 2013 scion FRS is haaving a rough idle and it almost feels like its just going to shut off what can it be?

asked by on August 02, 2017

when my car is on it feels like it is having trouble staying on and a loss of power, when I'm completely stopped it feels like it is going to shut down any minute and it idles very rough at first I thaught it could possibly be the alternator but I got it tested and its good same with the battery. I did receive some trouble codes like camshaft position sensor (no idea if this can cause this issue) and I go another one is read Control module communications bus 'a' off. again no idea what this is.

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. If you are receiving a code for the camshaft position sensor, it is likely causing your loss of power. The vehicle must know where the camshaft is to calculate other engine functions accordingly. A bad reading will cause a major loss of power. You are going to want to start by replacing the sensor, and then scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes again. For more help with this repair and any further testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.