Q: Im planning on buying this car

I'm planning on buying this car and this would be my first Mercedes, I was wondering how much the average maintenance cost would be

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is difficult to say what the average maintenance costs would be. Reasons mostly including geographical differences and a lack of knowledge of previous repairs. The cost of parts and labor will vary greatly depending on where you live and what you have available to you. One thing to consider is getting the maintenance records for the vehicle. This way you will know what has or has not been replaced on the vehicle. With the mileage and age of the vehicle there are several components that will need to be updated and repaired soon if they have not been already. The following should be inspected and replaced if needed:

• Spark plugs and ignition system
  • Drive belts and pulleys
  • Oxygen sensors
  • Cooling system (thermostat, radiator flush, water pump)
  • Alignment
  • Filters (fuel, engine air, cabin air)
  • Brakes
  • Transmission (fluid, filter)

For more help with a pre-purchase inspection, contact our service department to schedule and appointment.