Q: Ignition problems with my Mitsibushi Galant.

The ignition does not work on my car. How do I get this working?

A: Hi there, I hope I can help get to the root...

Hi there, I hope I can help get to the root of your issues. It appears you are having issues starting the engine in your Galant. Depending on what symptoms you are experiencing, we may be looking at an issue with the starter, the battery, or the anti-theft system. If you hear an audible “click” when trying to start, the first thing I would suspect is possibly a defective battery. A skilled technician will be able to assist you in testing your engine. If there is no noise when starting, but your lights are bright and the radio works, you may be experiencing a malfunction in the anti-theft system. The easiest sign of this is either a blinking or solid red LED or “Theft” message on the instrument cluster. If these signs are present, the system will most likely need to be further diagnosed using a scantool, possibly by a Mitsubishi dealer. A more complete description of what the car does when attempting to start will be most helpful in determining the best course of action.