Q: Idling problems with my car, stays on but not for long.

My car turned off while driving even though the gas tank is full. Now, it will turn on, but doesn't stay on for long.

A number of issues could cause the symptoms you’re having. The problem could be attributed to everything from a failed alternator to a worn fuel pump. In this case, your best bet is to have the vehicle diagnosed by a trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic. If your vehicle won’t stay running, the team at YourMechanic will come to you so you don’t even have to call a tow truck.