I replaced my DRL on my 2016 Jetta but the indicator ligh...

Q: I replaced my DRL on my 2016 Jetta but the indicator light is still on

asked by on October 26, 2017

The daytime running light indicator was on I assumed because the front left DRL was out. I replaced both LH and rh lights with Sylvania pn 7506 led lights. However my indicator light is still on.

Hi Tony. Thanks for submitting your question today. If the Daytime Running Indicator light is still illuminated after completing these repairs, then it’s likely that an error code is stuck in the ECU and simply needs to be removed by a professional mechanic with a digital scanner. However, it’s also possible that the light bulbs themselves were not the source of the original warning light. In some cases, electrical harnesses will develop a short or simply be not secured correctly. I would start by double checking the electrical harnesses to see if this resolves the problem. If not, have a professional mechanic complete a warning light inspection to determine why this is happening.