Q: I noticed a smell through the heating system

There is a synthetic kind of smell that comes from the A/C system in my SUV. The smell gets worse when I use the brakes. What needs to be done to fix this?

Hello. It may be possible that you are leaking coolant somewhere. Most likely, the leak is coming from the intake or somewhere else near the top of the engine.

Since the year of your truck is 2015, it is possible that this is an issue that is still under warranty. It would be a good idea to take it back to the dealer as soon as possible to find out what is going on, as it is not normal for this to be happening.

If taking it to the dealer is not an option for you, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the smell in your truck.

3. I noticed a smell through the heating system