Q: I'm not getting any acceleration

When I slightly push the pedal it barely goes anywhere but when I push it all the way down it shoots off. Within two days I changed the fuel pump and the 02 sensor but still the same result. Please help

A: Hello! The problem you're describing so...

Hello! The problem you're describing sounds a lot like an issue with the electronic throttle controller as opposed to the fuel pump or O2 sensor. In fact, this was a recalled part on several 1997 through 2002 Toyota Corolla, Camry, and other models because some customers complained of sudden acceleration without depressing the throttle pedal.

Typically, if the ETC is the problem, it will show up during a diagnostic scan as an error code; but occasionally, even the smartest ECU sensors can provide false readings. The best solution to your problem is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can take the time to test drive your car, allowing them to diagnose the acceleration problem by listening, feeling, and observing the driving habits of your car. This is something you might want to do sooner rather than later, as it could be a problem with the throttle body or another major mechanical component, which could lead to a potentially dangerous situation.