Q: Engine light coming on

The Engine light is on. The diagnostic said it was an EVAP issue, error code P0446.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Code P0446 comes up due to a problem with the EVAP emissions vent system. This system collects evaporating fuel so that it does not get released into the atmosphere. The code almost always means that the vent valve has failed. A mechanic would remove this valve and test it to see if it is functioning. If it functions with power applied to it, then it may be a circuit problem, but that is not as common. The best way to diagnose it is with a scan tool that allows you to cycle the vent valve to check its function. A certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can inspect the engine codes present in the computer and diagnose what is causing the problem.