Q: My 2012 Toyota Corolla blows all over the road in the wind. What causes this? Is the car not heavy enough or is it not aerodynam

asked by on March 23, 2017

My 2012 Toyota Corolla blows all over the road in the wind. What causes this? Is the vehicle weigh too light or is the vehicle body not aerodynamic? I need to buy another vehicle. What should I look for in another vehicle?

All vehicles, regardless of their weight and aerodynamics, are buffeted by high winds. If the vehicle does not have directional stability, it may have an alignment problem or an issue with the tires and/or suspension. If you want your vehicle’s suspension inspected by a certified Mechanic to determine if there is misalignment and/or worn suspension parts, please request a suspension inspection and the responding certified Mechanic will get your concerns addressed.

If you are buying a new or used vehicle, you can refer to the publication "Consumer Reports" which publishes highly detailed vehicle ratings. If you buy a used car, to protect yourself in a used car transaction you can request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you very specific data regarding any current problems that the car has. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.