Q: I'm having what I believe is an oil problem.

I was on the highway driving and suddenly My rpms dropped to 0, steering was hard to move and car wasn't taking hitting he gas well. WHEN I tried to start it again it stutters and sputters but wouldn't start the first few times. I finally got it going again, but it drops transmission at stop lights and has trouble starting again. I put more oil in it, and found a little bit had leaked out of the hose on top aND also in a puddle under the car. IT has transmission fluid and coolant but still seems to be running kinda hot. Any ideas what this may be? THE leak under the car looks like it's in the back of the block

If you have checked your oil level and verified it to be low, it is very possible that you have an oil leak. This is even more likely considering that the oil needed to be topped off. If you can tell that oil has leaked out of the back of the engine some where, I can thing of a few possible causes. The first thing I would recommend inspecting would be the oil drain plug. If the drain plug is loose, this can cause oil to leak from the engine very quickly. The other causes would be a very bad valve cover or oil pan gasket leak. For all of these services I would recommend having an oil leak inspection performed as soon as possible. Consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle for you.