Q: I have a p0171 code.idle slightly rough and hesitant

I just changed the timing belt due to it breaking.i changed the pulley I changed all 8 plugs.it would rev up real high when I pushed the clutch in.so I changed the throttle body gasket.found a slight tear in it.now my truck throws a check engine light p0171.i need to get it smogged and need fixed asap before I go.i already removed the mass air flow sensor and cleaned.wasnt even dirty.the air filter is sealed properly and no build up.any ideas? Please help

A: The P0171 is a trouble code for a lean cond...

The P0171 is a trouble code for a lean condition that may be caused by a vacuum leak or malfunctioning oxygen sensor. The vacuum leak is the most common cause for this type of code. The vacuum hoses and crankcase ventilation hoses are common areas for vacuum leaks on your model vehicle. Consider hring an experienced technician like on from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the vehicle and offer a more personal diagnosis of the check engine trouble code.