Q: I have a 2002 lancer oz rally. It starts right up just fine but after about 10 seconds it shuts off.

It starts every time I try but shuts off after about 10 seconds. Doesn't matter if I let it idle or give it gas. It starts perfect and sounds good then shakes and shuts off. I am wondering what the problem is and how much you think this is going to cost me. I have a good mechanic that will only charge me for parts.

Hi there. There could be a vacuum leak, the timing could have jumped, or the Mass Air Flow sensor could be dirty or have failed causing the engine to stall out after 10 seconds of operation.

Billing question was sent to CS for the diagnose cost and repair cost for a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer with L4-2.0L engine to stall out after 10 seconds after starting.

3. I have a 2002 lancer oz rally. It starts right up just fine but after about 10 seconds it shuts off.