Q: I have a 1996 Nissan Quest van. It does have a lot of miles, but it's all I have, so I need to do all I can with little that I hav

I smell burnt rubber coming from the front tire on the driver side, and I saw some smoke come from it a few times only. I also can feel this rubbing from holding onto the stirring wheel, only when I'm driving over 40 miles per hour.....Now, this happened to me before, but because I waited to long before I got it fixed, I had to replace my rotors and the brakes too. And it had a lot of smoke coming from the tire, then it does now. So, the burnt rubber smell is happening again after a year later...So, I took it to Brake Masters and they diagnosed it to be the wheel cylinders. Yet, I feel they are wrong, even though they did show me the boot was torn along side the trim. But because I had replaced the rotors and brake shoes a year ago, I never replaced this part, the wheel cylinders.....So, could they be trying to get me for more parts, than trying to fix the real problem???

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

3. I have a 1996 Nissan Quest van. It does have a lot of miles, but it's all I have, so I need to do all I can with little that I hav