Q: I cannot find the torque specific to add a strut bar in foot pounds

I'm trying to add a strut bar to the front of my car I just can't figure out what I need to torque the screws to I needed in torque foot pounds

A: The "correct" amount of torque ap...

The "correct" amount of torque applied to a fastener depends on many factors including the desired clamp load, the strength of the bolts you are using and the condition of the bolt threads including the type of plating thereon and whether the threads are contaminated with any lubricant. In your case, you are probably safe using recommended torque values from what are referred to as "Standard Bolt Tightening Torque Tables". Based on data from those tables, if you are using 8 mm diameter bolts, for bolt strength grade 8.8, torque to 19 ft. lbs., for grade 10.9, torque to 26 ft. lbs., and for grade 12.9 torque to 31 ft. lbs. If you are using 10 mm bolts, for bolt strength grade 8.8, torque to 38 ft. lbs., for grade 10.9, torque to 53 ft. lbs., and for grade 12.9 bolts torque to 64 ft. lbs. For 12 mm bolts, for bolt strength grade 8.8, torque to 64 ft. lbs., for grade 10.9, torque to 90 ft. lbs., and for grade 12.9 bolts torque to 108 ft. lbs. All of those values assume that the bolt threads are dry and free of oil or grease. If the threads are oily (they shouldn't be; simply dry the bolts with brake cleaner), you have to reduce the torque values by 20%, otherwise you risk stretching or breaking the bolt.