Q: Emergency brake locked up

The emergency brake seems to be engaged on the driver's side rear. The rear wheel does not spin when the car is jacked up, even though it is a front wheel drive. The rear passenger's side wheel does spin.

This is a common problem for your vehicle. The emergency brakes in your vehicle are built into the rear calipers. Over time, corrosion will bind up the mechanism inside the caliper and will not allow the brake to release. The only fix for this is to replace the caliper. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to inspect the brakes on your vehicle, and replace the brake caliper if deemed necessary.

3. Q: Emergency brake locked up