Q: I am having an issue with my emissions control system. no leaks but what can i do to solve this issue

my check engine light is on I did an onstar diagnostic and its saying the Emissions control system needs immediate attention. I know the car was on E for a while. was wondering if me changing the fuel container lid will help or if I have to do something else.

Hi there. If this came on as the fuel in the tank was very low then it can cause some false codes. You can add more fuel and drive it for a few days to see if it will reset. If it is a simple emissions code, then it will reset on its own. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see what is coming up. It is possible that it is a bad gas cap or even another sensor in the system. If you would like to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light thoroughly in order to make the correct repairs.

3. I am having an issue with my emissions control system. no leaks but what can i do to solve this issue