Q: How do I replace the airflow sensor on my 1985 olds 98

Pulled old airflow sensor. Want to install new one. Do I need to re set computer first.

A: You definitely want to reset the computer w...

You definitely want to reset the computer when you make a repair like this. Resetting the computer will allow it to check the new component for proper operation and set a Diagnostic Trouble Code if there is still a problem. If you don't reset the computer, the Check Engine Light will stay on and you will have no way of telling if there is something else going wrong. If you would like help with the repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to complete the repair of your mass airflow sensor, reset the computer, and check for any other problems.