Q: Don't know if the transmission went out.

We went on a trip up state about 160 miles up when we got to our destination the hummer all of a sudden felt like the gears were slipping and after 2 gear the car would just rev but wouldn't get the 3 gear so I checked the transmission fluid looked completely fine and checked everything else and nothing was the matter on our way back the hummer didn't seem to give any issue but when we got off the highway it kept on doing it even more so I stopped at a gas station to check out the car and everything seemed to be fine until I decided it was time to go and the car wouldn't reverse it would just rev and the little that it did go I stopped and tried to go forward and it would hit 1 gear but after it would start revving all over again so I managed to call a tow truck and had to get my car towed all the way back home when the truck was being taken off the tow truck there was this huge puddle of transmission fluid and after that I just didn't want to risk turning it on and blowing out the tra

A large transmission leak like one from a cooler pipe or a leaking transmission pan can cause the transmission to slip if the level gets low enough. Trying to drive the vehicle while the transmission is slipping does not help, but you should try having the fluid topped off and and running the engine to see if fluid starts to leak. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your transmission slipping concerns and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Don't know if the transmission went out.