Q: How do I fix my fuel gage in my truck?

I have a 2002 GMC and my fuel gage sometimes works and most ofen it doesn:t

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit.This is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.