Q: Car idles rough with sputtering - 2014 Cadillac ATS

My car has an automatic trasnmission. It has 42,000 miles on it so far, as I drive a lot. The problems I've been having include rough idling, which occurs at random and sputtering of the engine. I'm wondering what could cause this as the car is a relatively new model. Do you have any suggestions what I should check and maybe replace?

A: Hi! You are right in thinking that since it...

Hi! You are right in thinking that since it is a new vehicle you should not be experiencing these issues. It may be a dirty throttle body that is causing the idle quality problems. They can be cleaned. As a newer model vehicle, the Cadillac dealership technicians will be the most familiar with it as it is still under warranty. If you would like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your home or office and inspect your throttle body.